Lawlessness to the Creator’s Rule of Law will never produce a Republic.
This is third in a continuing series explaining the principles of the Rule of Law.
A lawless game is not the equal of the real game.
In continuing our Monopoly game explanation of the Rule of Law, it was noted in The Rule of Law: Compliance or Lawlessness that to continue playing the game regardless of compliance to the rules is to no longer be playing the trademarked and patented game: Monopoly.
Lawlessness to the Rule of Law does not nullify the Rule of Law…
Results of lawlessness only emphasizes…
the man-made void subverting the Rule of Law.
This understanding of the Rule of Law is of particular relevance because we continuously hear the meaningless phrase, “Our [insert government program or institution] is broken.”
Everything is “broken” according to those speaking on behalf of our Federal Government.
They confuse Cause and Effect to divert our attention from their lawlessness to the Rule of Law.
To prove their hypothesis and to convince us that it is the Rule of Law which is broken, they list off the detrimental EFFECTS actually CAUSED by their lawlessness to the Rule of Law.
- The Federal Government blames our broken immigration system for their lawlessness to enforce our borders.
- The Federal Government declares our health care industry as broken because of their lawless attempt to enforce equality as fairness.
- The Federal Government also declares our public school education program as broken because of their lawless attempt to enforce equality as fairness.
- The tax code is “broken” because it’s not fair and the nation is in debt.
- The Entitlement State is “broken” because legislated and regulated fairness has not eliminated poverty. 0r wealth.
- Our Creator-endowed rights of free enterprise and pursuit of happiness are “broken” because we don’t deserve them,
- Our highways and bridges are “broken”.
- Even our planet is “broken”.
Common sense argues that the source of the bad consequences our nation is experiencing are the direct results of lawlessness to our Rule of Law.
The horrifying results rippling throughout the nation ARE hard evidence of lawlessness to our own Rule of Law.
Critical thinking involving the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment concludes in acceptance of the transcendent fixed reality of the Rule of Law and also, determines that our lawlessness can in no way eliminate the existence of the Rule of Law.
The only thing that is broken in such a worldview is our conscience before the Source of the Rule of Law.
At the close of the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia on September 18, 1787, a woman asked as
Benjamin Franklin emerged from Independence Hall , “Well Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?”.
Mr. Franklin replied, “A republic, madam – if you can keep it.”
Maintaining a republic requires compliance to the Rule of Law.
- To expect the benefits of republican Rule of Law without living and governing in compliance to the Rule of Law is an absurdity.
- Lawlessness creates its own political system with results bearing nothing in common with a republic.
- A cheater’s game of Monopoly is not the same as Monopoly played by the rules.
A Republic not compliant to the Rule of Law is NOT a Republic.
The Rule of Law is not broken. The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are not broken. They are not being lawfully followed.
It is our common sense understanding
of the cause and effect of our lawlessness to the Rule of Law that is not accurate.
The results of lawlessness to the Rule of Law are self-evident:
- ….increasing poverty, corruption, constant turmoil and threats of violence,
- persecution of the righteous and vindication of the wicked, oppression from our next-door neighbors and from foreign nations,
- financial instability, devalued currency, false weights and measures,
- and, a willingness to sell our own children into slavery to make ourselves comfortable today.
“Are we there yet?”, the kids scream from the back seat.