To appreciate the principles of governing according to The Rule of Law we must accept that in every point we are either in compliance, or in a state of lawlessness.
There is no neutral ground.
- Monopoly Game example: We all know the card: “Go to jail. Go Directly to Jail. Do not pass GO! Do not collect $200.” That’s the rule of Monopoly.
- There is no debate as to the intent of the directions.
- No consensus of players or of watchers to consider whether following that rule is in the best interest of the players, the individual, or in continuing the game.
- There is only compliance, or lawlessness according to the rules of Monopoly
- To continue playing without adherence to the rules means some other game is being played, not the original Monopoly.
The American Rule of Law is stated in the Declaration of Independence and is given to us by God – not man.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
Compliance to The Rule of Law is evidence of the accuracy by which each individual assesses his conscience before his Creator;
…as well as the conscience of all others involved in the case.
Therefore in the Monopoly Game example:
- Do you cheat when drawing the Go to Jail Card?
- Do you let others cheat when they draw the dreaded card?
- To be in compliance with the rules of Monopoly means there is no consensus…there is no opinion…no special favoritism ….there is only compliance; or lawlessness.
Compliance to the Rule of Law is PERFORMANCE based and therefore criticism for lack thereof is not a personal attack, but a legal statement based in unemotional fact founded in the classical republican principle of egalitarianism.
Rep. Bill Flores is in violation of his oath to the Constitution regardless of his opinion that his duty to impeach has been released because of House consensus. [This is not moral leadership, this is moral relativism.] It is to our grave misfortune that he and ALL House members are not in compliance with the above stated philosophical foundation of American Rule of Law [Declaration of Independence] nor in the legal duties as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives. [Constitution]
The Rule of Law is egalitarian equality – zero partisan – blind Justice – therefore, Rep. Flores’ and ALL House Members’ act of noncompliance in impeachment of an endless list of feckless servants to the people is complicit IN maintaining the status quo of lawlessness currently destroying our civil institutions.
There is no neutral ground.
There is only compliance… or lawlessness.