Considering Texas’ history in man’s pursuit for Liberty, it is disappointing that our elected officials are not a part of the vanguard of the current congressmen working to push back the encroachment of government into our liberty.
The first scorecard is not a good one for Texas or for District 17.
- Rep. Louie Gohmert is the highest rated Texas legislator with a score of 90%.
- Rep. Bill Flores scored 75%.
- Rep. and Presidential Candidate Ron Paul scored 76%, while his son, Senator Rand Paul scored 94% – the highest score for Kentucky legislators.
- Senator Cornyn scored 70%.
- Senator Hutchison voted an abysmal 65%.
- 12 Texas Republicans scored less than 70%.
- All 9 Texas Democrats scored less than 25%.
- 25 Texas Republicans are serving in Washington, D.C. and only one scored 90% with 20 scoring less than 80%!
Since when does a Texan believe a “C” grade acceptable in the pursuit of Liberty?
Click on the links to view the votes used by Heritage Action for America and the method used for scoring.
South Carolina comprises the Vanguard of Liberty in Washington, D.C.
South Carolina is the leader for Liberty in the 112th Congress. In fact, in 2010 when I was able to attend the national Americans For Prosperity – Defending The American Dream summit in Washington, D.C. it was South Carolina that led the nation in attendance. So, it is clear that an active, engaged citizenry is at work in defense of individual liberty in the great state of South Carolina. A good reason to consider attending the upcoming 2011 Defending the American Dream Summit!