Representative Bill Flores will have a Town Hall meeting tomorrow evening at the Bryan Blinn College Campus. He will discuss issues of interest to Central Texans, update constituents on the accomplishments of the new Congress and solicit feedback from attendees on issues such as job creation, deficit spending, the budget and the recent debt ceiling agreement. An audience Q&A will follow the presentation.
I understand that the local MoveOn.org and Brazos Progressives will be out in force preaching more class warfare.
Please keep in mind that in our questions for Rep. Flores, our larger goal is the education of our community in the information we are learning from our study of the Federalist Papers. Remember what we have learned about:
- Factions – groups out to deprive fellow members of the community of their civil liberties.
- Human Nature – that all men are capable of being selfish, greedy, condescending, self-centered, covetous of the belongings of others, and rebellious to the truth.
- The Purpose of Self-Government and how to perpetuate our National Character
- Adherence to Republican Principles in legislation
- The Danger of Amending the Constitution to solve encroachments and overreach
- Law of Nature – man as created by God, endowed with certain unalienable rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and that in being productive, creative, and entrepreneurial we are simply acting in the image of our Creator. Therefore, our Constitution embraces the Law of Nature because it occurs naturally.
- Liberty – the ability to have free-will choice.
- “The Genius of the American people” to defend their own liberty.
- The requirement that our elected representatives are to protect the Liberty of their constituents.
We have the opportunity to educate the audience in the true foundation of our nation, so let’s thoughtfully prepare our questions and statements.
Here is the information: