BCS Tea Party Meeting
Thursday, Nov. 19
6:00PM eat & greet | 6:30PM meeting starts
C&J BBQ in Bryan, TX (1010 S Texas Ave)
Loren Spivack, “Free Market Warrior”, author and speaker will speak about Dumping Keynes: Where We as a Nation Went Wrong in Our Economic Policy and it will cover the following points:
- Can you explain why some tax cuts (Bush’s second term, Obama’s proposed) do absolutely nothing to stimulate the economy, while others (Reagan’s, Bush’s first term) provide a great stimulus?
- Were you taught in High School that the federal government needs to protect consumers from corporate monopolies that would otherwise be able to charge whatever they wanted?
- Were you taught that Roosevelt’s New Deal saved the country by intervening in the economy and “stimulating” demand?
- Did you know that the biggest problem with American healthcare (one that is financially hurting us all) is that there is far too much insurance coverage?
- Would you be surprised to learn that the economic theories espoused by the current administration and congressional leaders were conclusively disproved more than 100 years ago?
He conducts “Economic Literacy” seminars across the United States. So far, Spivack has delivered his famous seminar on “Economic Literacy to almost 300 groups in 24 states.
He is also the author of “The New Democrat” a parody history of the Obama administration, based on a famous children’s book. With pitch-perfect rhyme and clever illustrations, “The New Democrat” transforms the political personalities of our times into cartoon characters in a conservative morality play. Spivack’s second book “The Gorax” is a parody of the environmental movement. Starring Al Gore as the misguided gremlin who uses government to destroy prosperity without ever accomplishing even his own goals. Mr. Spivack’s latest book is “The Wizard of IZ: A parody of Hillary’s America”.